Preparing for Lease-End
Is it the right time to drive off in a new Ford? Let us show you how easy it is to prepare for the Lease-End process. At Lease-End, South Bay Ford is ready to help make the experience easy and convenient for you. With Red Carpet Lease, you have the option of returning or purchasing your vehicle at lease-end. When you purchase your vehicle you are not responsible for Excess Wear and Use or excess mileage charges. Follow these simple steps to help ensure a smooth and convenient vehicle purchase. See how easy it is to own your Ford and go further. Follow these simple steps and complete our Vehicle Return Checklist to help ensure a smooth and convenient vehicle return.
Excess Wear and Use Assessment
Before you return your vehicle, its overall condition will be evaluated to determine if there is any Excess (or chargeable) Wear and Use. To help you assess the condition of your vehicle and excess mileage at any time during your lease, please refer to Wear and Use. Your Lease Vehicle Inspection identifies Excess Wear and Use prior to the end of your lease. Identifying wear and use before your vehicle return gives you time to process claims for damage covered under your insurance policy or make any other needed repairs.
Contact South Bay Ford about:
- Your vehicle return and purchase options.
- Questions about Excess Wear and Use or Excess Mileage
- Your appointment to return your lease vehicle on or before your scheduled lease-end date
- The final purchase price, including taxes and other charges
- Your appointment to purchase your lease vehicle on or before your scheduled lease-end date
Consider Vehicle Repairs
If your vehicle is in need of any repairs, your Ford Dealer has expert techs and quality service along with Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) parts to help ensure your vehicle is ready for return. Retain copies of all repair receipts to verify completed repairs when returning your lease vehicle.
Return Your Lease Vehicle
Vehicle Return Checklist
Remove any personal items from the vehicle. Check areas including:
- Seat backs, sun visors and under seats
- Compartments (e.g. center console, glove box, eyeglasses holder, spare tire)
- Media and devices (e.g. DVD, USB, MP3)
Gather items that came with your vehicle including:
- All keys and key fobs
- DVD headphones and remote
- Navigation media (e.g. DVD, memory card)
- Cargo covers and luggage crossbars
- Floor mats
- Owner manuals
- Wheel rims on the vehicle at lease origination
- Items unique to hybrid/electric vehicles (e.g. charge cords)
- Any other items that came with the vehicle
Purchase your Lease Vehicle
Failure to complete lease-end transactions by your lease-end date could result in additional charges as described in your Red Carpet Lease Agreement. If you have moved and it is no longer convenient to return to your originating dealer (the dealership which originated your lease), you may return or purchase your lease vehicle through any participating Ford Dealer. Be sure to schedule an appointment in advance. If you are unable to locate a participating Ford Dealer, please contact Customer Support.
If you have moved and it is no longer convenient to return to South Bay Ford, you may return or purchase your lease vehicle through any participating Ford Dealer. Be sure to schedule an appointment in advance. If you are unable to locate a participating Ford Dealer, please contact our Customer Support.